Intentional or an aliasing related bug?

Shared enable lines are fundamentally different from dedicated enable lines. (For example, the code can’t disable a single stepper until all steppers are disabled; it also enables special TMC enable logic via SPI/UART.) The current code determines if an enable line is a shared enable line by checking for identical pin names. Thus, disabling the aliasing check would introduce a defect, as the current code would not correctly identify shared enable lines.

This isn’t something I’ll be working on at all. I don’t even want it in my configs - a shared pin always does something special and I would not want to obfuscate that in my configs.

I understand why you are looking for it. It’s not clear to me that you can reach your goals in general. Many boards are fundamentally different (eg, Duet2 boards use inverse heater pins, some boards use 2200 ohm pullups, etc.).

Separately, using pin aliases to improve configuration layout is something that has been looked at recently - see Reworking example config files to have pin aliases at top of file

Cheers,
-Kevin