Everything on a single PC?

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Creality Ender 3
MCU / Printerboard: BTT SKR Mini E3 -v- 3.0
Host / SBC: Raspberry Pi 4B, 2 GB
klippy.log

klippy.log (13.5 KB)

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

Current setup is a keyboard and 7" display connected (HDMI / USB) to the Pi board, and using my PC to access Mainsail via the browser (it’s a Win11 machine, but I also have a Linux PC available.) While troubleshooting the upgrade, sometimes I want the output of the Linux screen to post somewhere (here, for example), but it’s a tedious process at the moment using Filezilla as a “middleman” to transfer from the Pi to the PC.
Is there a way I can connect to both the Raspberry Pi (CAT 5 cable?) AND Mainsail on my PC so I’m not hopping back and forth between the Pi and the PC and using the workable but clunky FTP software? Probably a dumb newbie question, but I’d appreciate any input!

Not sure that I understand you correctly, but usually you do the Linux administration via an SSH terminal shell, e.g. Putty or similar. See, e.g. How to Use PuTTY SSH Client on Windows, Mac and Linux for one of like millions of tutorials.

1 Like

I don’t think too many people know this but the terminal console that comes with Windows 10/11, Mac OS & Linux can be used to SSH into Klipper hosts.

Here’s my Windows 11 system:

No need to install PuTTY except if you’re doing file transfers to the host but I’m not sure how much of that is required for Klipper - You will want to download your printer.cfg and klippy.log but that can be done from the Mainsail interface.

1 Like

Thanks to you both; @mpkepredko, that’s exactly what I was looking for: a way to use the PC to access both the host Pi AND be running Mainsail in the browser simultaneously. Never had cause to use Powershell before, but I’ll certainly be looking into it now! Filezilla has worked well enough for any needed file transfers, but it still involves opening yet another piece of software for a specific task; more efficient to be able to do everything from one place… well, two places, if you count the shell as one and Mainsail as the other, but at least it’s all on the same machine. Very much appreciated!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.