Heater extruder not heating at expected rate

Hello, there was a small problem when printing. The fact is that during printing, an error appears stating that “Heater extractor not heating at expected rate”. How can this be solved?
(I apologize for my terrible English.)

Below I provide the error itself:
<<Heater extruder not heating at expected rate See the ‘verify_heater’ section in docs/Config_Reference.md for the parameters that control this check. Once the underlying issue is corrected, use the “FIRMWARE_RESTART” command to reset the firmware, reload the config, and restart the host software. Printer is shutdown>>

I also got this error and I noticed the part cooling fan was dropping the hotend temperature drastically and the PID loop had a hard time catching-up before the time threshold for the [verify_heater extruder] safety measure.

In order to “temporarily” work around the problem, I reduced the max speed of the fan in my slicer to 60%. I also altered the max_error parameter to a very high number in the [verify_heater extruder] section. See this link: [klipper | Klipper is a 3d-printer firmware]

As a proper solution, I will try to tune the PID controller of my hotend and re-enable the verify_heater extruder safety feature.

1 Like

I have has this problem in the past when my silicone sock came off. Not sure if you have one, but for many heaters this can make it drop temperature enough to cause the error

2 Likes

Mine is doing only at the beginning, after Turning it on in the morning. At the third layer is gives me the error. After restarting the firmware it goes with no error. I’ll try a PID for the hot end!
I do not have a sock on my FLsun Q5.

Hi man, can you tell what value did you gave to the **max_error: **, the default is 120.
Thank YOU!

Hi i am divakar
i am new to klipper
when i started my print this error came up
anyone can help me out this

Section ‘verify_heater’ is not a valid config section

Once the underlying issue is corrected, use the “RESTART”
command to reload the config and restart the host software.
Printer is halted

Hello @divakarguru !

Can you share the klippy.log?