Macros not displaying on Dashboard or in Settings

I don’t see Pause/Cancel/Resume macros in my printer.cfg file in the Macros section of the Dashboard, not sure how to control which macros appear there. They also do not appear in the Macros tab in Settings. Other macros do appear, so not sure why some won’t. Example below of a couple that aren’t showing up…these are in my printer.cfg file.

I’m thinking that it may be due to the “rename_existing” option called in them, but not sure why that would keep the macro from showing up in my Dashboard or Macro settings. Appreciate any help regarding the rules of the road, what I should or should not do if I want a macro to appear in Dashboard and Macro settings.

Thanks!

[gcode_macro PAUSE]
rename_existing: BASE_PAUSE
gcode:
    {% set X = params.X|default(220)|int %}
    {% set Y = params.Y|default(220)|int %}
    {% set Z = params.Z|default(10)|int %}
    {% set E = params.E|default(1)|int %}
    SAVE_GCODE_STATE NAME=PAUSE_state
    BASE_PAUSE
    G91
    G1 E-{E} F2100
    G1 Z{Z}
    G90
    G1 X{X} Y{Y} F6000

[gcode_macro RESUME]
rename_existing: BASE_RESUME
gcode:
    {% set E = params.E|default(1)|int %}
    G91
    G1 E{E} F2100
    G90
    RESTORE_GCODE_STATE NAME=PAUSE_state MOVE=1
    BASE_RESUME
    RESUME_BASE {get_params}

I’d appreciate some clarification on why they don’t appear.

Hello @Danabw !

Depending on the dashboard you use, you have to do some settings that they have to appear there.

Same is for the printer’s LCD.

Thanks, Eddy - I’m using stock Klipper/Mainsail/Moonraker combo, haven’t customized my dashboard at all.

Can you point me at the relevant file/setting to customize so I can display the “missing” macros? Thanks, appreciate it.

Sorry, I run on OctoPrint, not Mainsail.

I’ve gotten a reply on this in another forum…turns out the macros I’m not seeing are reserved macros (pause, cancel print, resume) and won’t display normally.

1 Like