Makerboard v2.1.1 pinouts AUX1

Micromake D1
No Klippy.log
MCU 2560 / Makerboard V2.1.1

I am trying to figure out the Klipper pins for this board. I have everything else working except I would like to use the AUX1 pins for a filament switch and NeoPixels. I tried to use PF3 and PF4, and did not work. And the display encoder is backwards. Tried using ! and ^ to reverse them and didn’t work.
Thanks, Kevin

Do you have a schematic for the board? I just tried to do a search and couldn’t find any.

Could I ask why you are trying “PF3” and “PF4” when on your pinout diagram all the pins are in the “A#” (analog input) and “D##” (digital IO) format. What are the pins that correspond to “PF3” and “PF4” on this board?

Maybe these will help.

And this one too.
atmega2560-1280.txt (1.3 KB)

Well that’s convoluted and I don’t have any better of an explanation of what you’re trying to do here.

1. Why did you include the Marlin definition? It includes a “PF3” & “PF4” but the C//C++ defines are for an IO pin at the ATmega1280 chip level, not at the ATmega2560. I’m not sure if they’re the same and I don’t see what that has to do with Klipper.
  2. The sample-aliases file is just that, a sample and I don’t see a relationship to the original pinout diagram you posted. “PF3” is given the labels “analog3” and “ar57”, neither or which are shown on the original diagram.

I did do a search of “Makerboard V2.1.1 klipper cfg” without any luck.

Now, it would have been helpful if you had posted your klippy.log, like you were asked to when you filled out the original post. In your reply (to the questions above) could you post that along with your printer.cfg (and maybe tell me where you found the version that you’re working with)?

Sorry, I’m not trying to be difficult here but I can’t follow what’s going on here.

Should be correct for an ATMEGA2560. Did you add the pin alias definition to your config?
As mentioned by @mykepredko, stick to the template when filing a support request. It is there for a reason!

Swap the pins in the config, e.g.

encoder_pins: ^PC7,^PC6

to

encoder_pins: ^PC6,^PC7
1 Like

I don’t know how to “add pin alias definition” to my config. Unless you are just asking if I added the pins for the filament and neopixels. Yes I did that.
I didn’t include the klippy.log because it won’t download. But I did manage to get it.
Thanks for that on the encoder, learned something.
klippy.log (238.2 KB)
Thanks

You are already using the correct pin names, so no need.

PF3 and PF4 should be the right pins. Have you tried adding a pullup, i.e. ^PF3 or tried to connect a regular endstop switch, just to check if it is the pin or maybe the sensor?

I have not. I unplugged the 2 pins before putting it back together. Hopefully in the next few days. Got my flu vaccine and made me :nauseated_face:.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.