MCU 'sb2040' shutdown: Timer too close

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Voron 2.4 R2 - CanBus
MCU / Printerboard: Octopus Pro, Klipper Expansion board, Fly SB2040 v2
klippy.log
Klippy-5-6-23.log (7.0 MB)

Describe your issue:

Since upgrading from Fly 2040 v1 to v2 I keep getting “MCU ‘sb2040’ shutdown: Timer too close” after a “Hold till temp is meet” command finishes. I am trying to print a temperature tower and it is consistently shutting down after the temperature is meet with this error. I have read other post where neopixle seems to be the issue, so on my last run (Line 12508) I stopped all LED effects to rule that out and it still occurred.
Lines 15844 is adjusting the temp and 15854 it reaches temp to then line 15870 where klipper shuts down.
I did re-flash everything twice, and updated my repo. not sure what else to look for.
My host computer peaks out at 2% utilization, so that isn’t the issue.
Non-Temp changing prints are completing with no issue.

BUMP

Still having this issue, Can’t print temperature towers, crashes after wait on new temp mid-print.

klippy_6-5-23.log (5.2 MB)

The log indicates the host is running on a core i7 12th gen processor. Is Klipper running on a VM?

1 Like

Nope, fit a whole motherboard into my printer

1 Like

This sounds like a smart plan to counter the chip shortages on Raspberry Pis :person_facepalming:

I had a Pi in it before, but maxed out its bus with 2 1080P cameras running, so I needed something with a faster bus, and wanted native NVME. So this is what I settled on. I had my eye on another motherboard, but it was 300 more with less power, so I went the cheaper route and have a power house :slight_smile:

OctoPrint runs great on it

1 Like

It looks like you’ve customized the Klipper code. I’d recommend reproducing the error on the pristine Klipper code to see if the error persists. If it does, please attach the Klipper log file from that event. (Though, note, there are reports that the rp2040 code is not working properly in the very latest master Klipper code.)

-Kevin

i am using the most current from git, didn’t customize anything in klipper, just macros.
Unless you mean by customize I installed the canboot and klipper-led_effect, then yes its customized in that way, but i did not edit any source code.
do you know what code version is known to work properly with the rp2040 code?

Led_effects is not a part of mainline Klipper, and the screenshot notes that file as untracked in your local directory. That would need to be removed to do any further diagnosis.

Still an ongoing issue, i switched out the Fly SB2040 with the BTT SB2209 since it didn’t have the RPI dependency.

klippy.TimerTooClose.zip (1.7 MB)

Did you actually read what @koconnor and @jakep_82 told you?

Args: ['/home/pi/klipper/klippy/klippy.py', '/home/pi/printer.cfg', '-l', '/tmp/klippy.log']
Git version: 'v0.11.0-276-ge9bf2d4c-dirty'
Untracked files: klippy/extras/led_effect.py
Modified files: klippy/mcu.py
Branch: master
Remote: origin
Tracked URL: https://github.com/Klipper3d/klipper

@JesNoFear

You resolved this issue ? Found a solution ?

That is by far one of the funniest Voron’s I’ve ever seen, major props.

Also, Purple Voron gang. Mines a darker purple though.

My only pic on hand

Why do you ask? Do you have a solution?

No, i have the same issue !

Maybe you can help the OP to solve the issue…