Problem with SHAPER_CALIBRATE & TMC2209s with Sensorless Homing

@Sineos & @jakep_82

Sorry, there’s some kind of problem here and I’m loath to go forward until it’s understood.

Here is homing on the printer with the base printer.cfg and canFly.cfg (attached above) without any homing_retract_dist: 0 parameters:

Here it is with homing_retract_dist: 0 parameters in the stepper_x, stepper_y & stepper_z statements:

In this case, the X Axis homing is done correctly, but the Y Axis is going in the wrong direction and I have to intervene to end the operation and keep the printer head from colliding on the base.

I did not comment out the “hold_current” parameters as recommended on the page for the test in the video and I suspect that’s why the movement isn’t as violent as it was the first time I made the changes. I do know about reducing run current for Stall Guard.

The thing that I suspect is the problem with the direction is that I invert one of the direction steppers for mechanical reasons why requires the “DIR” value on [stepper_y] to be inverted. I would expect that this wouldn’t be a factor.

The ADXL345 is built into the FLY SHT42. I suspect the ‘Invalid adxl345 id (got xx vs e5)’ is a state issue in the STM32F702 built into the FLY SHT42 which may be a software issue. In any case, I just did an ACCELEROMETER_QUERY and it returned without any issues.

Right now the accelerometer is a secondary issue to figuring out the problems with running sensorless homing and following the instructions here:

https://www.klipper3d.org/TMC_Drivers.html#configure-printercfg-for-sensorless-homing

I’m probably a corner case, but this smells like a bug to me.