Sensorless accelerometer with TMC stepper drivers?

I was reading about how calibrating TMC steppers for sensorless homing worked and it made me wonder is the EMF detection sensitive enough to be used as an accelerometer if the sensitivity wasn’t turned down? Has someone tried this already?

Edit: I realized it wasn’t super clear that I was talking about trying to measure the machine resonance by analyzing the emf spikes under acceleration.

This is advanced stuff for me but on page 26 of the data sheet register 0x41 SG_RESULT says it gets updated after every whole step.

So if I did my math right a 1.8 degree stepper with a 20 tooth GT2 pulley would move about 0.2mm for every whole step. I’m not familiar with the algorithm for resonance testing with the adxl345 so I don’t know if this is enough data points or if this data would even be useful with the existing code.

I’m going to very slowly fumble my way through this until either I find a reason why it won’t work or I figure it out but this is a little technical for me so if anyone with more knowledge would like to point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it.