STM32 DFU mode via UART / Why no M997?

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Artillery X3 Plus
MCU / Printerboard: Artillery Custom with STM32

I hope I haven’t missed anything in the documentation, forum and internet. This Artillery X3 printer uses a STM32F402 with USB available to the user and an UART on pins PA9/PA10 connecting to another MCU in the display. I flashed klipper multiple times with either of these interfaces as communication interface and it works great. The first flash from Marlin was made via USB and subsequent flashes via STLINK2 and stm32cubeprogrammer.

My question is, when using klipper on the UART, is there any way to get into DFU mode so that a user without a STLINK can flash it again via USB or UART? I haven’t managed that so far with double reset click or sending the Request line via UART.

Is there any reason why no M997 Gcode is implemented in klipper? I found bootloader_request() in the code, triggering it from a command should be possible or is something preventing this?

In general see Bootloader Entry - Klipper documentation

When you are using the katapult bootloader, Klipper allows you to flash the board at anytime with the make flash FLASH_DEVICE= command.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.