Strain Gauge/Load Cell based Endstops

I don’t have any data stored anywhere. I’m going to update my branch of klipper to remove the EMA stuff and implement a basic tare and threshold system. So you could tare the sensor from Python and then run a probe with a fixed threshold that you also compute in Python. If the raw sensor value deviates +/- the threshold from the tare value it will trigger. I also need to attach my code for data collection and visualization. Then I can collect some data for you, probably using a macro and MANUAL_PROBE.

I don’t think I can even get started on this for another couple of weeks. But I recognize that with the MK4 out people are getting excited about this topic and want to make progress.

Not that I know of :man_shrugging:. I started a separate thread to try and get something going but its gone nowhere. For testing I just put a 5Kg beam load cell on a mount on my bed and hit the nozzle with it.

This is a chicken and egg problem. Someone is going to take the Nextruder and try to graft it onto a Voron (I saw Nero suggest this on a live stream). I assume that will be the first thing that people want fully supported.