Temperature_fan depending on the TMC2240 temperature?

Basic Information:

Printer Model: CoreXY BLV MGN Cube
MCU / Printerboard: OrangePi Zero3 / Octopus 1.1
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

The fans cooling my Octopus board are actually depending on the mcu_temperature :

[temperature_fan MainBoard_fan] #2DO
pin: PD13 #FAN3
kick_start_time: 0.5
off_below: 0.2
max_power: 1.0
sensor_type: temperature_mcu #2DO plutot sur stepper_x
min_temp: -20 # Because it'cold out there
max_temp: 80
target_temp: 20
control: pid
pid_kp: 5.0
pid_ki: 0.1
pid_kd: 1.0
min_speed: 0
max_speed: 1

I’d like to have them to depend on the TMC2240 temperature that i can read here :

21:25 printer[‘tmc2240 stepper_x’].temperature : 35.32

Does anyone have an idea how to do this ?

Have a nice day !

klippy(2).log (71.6 KB)

1 Like

AFAIK, there isn’t much desire by the klipper team to make TMC2240 work in this fashion. Currently the TMC2240 reports as a temp monitor which, as i understand, klipper can not use like other temperature sensors to perform actions.

The issue mentioned is that the TMC2240 ,when the motors are disabled, does not report a temperature. It feels like in the specific case it shouldn’t be challenging to write a specific fan temperature sensor behavior to drive a fan, but the developers are concerned about the feature in a very general case for all potential uses.

That said, i also would like to use TMC2240 temp to run my fans.

1 Like

Just use a controller fan. It will turn on when the drivers are enabled, and turn off when they’re disabled.

1 Like

OK, that is quite understandable.

That’s what i’ll do, for sure, as there is no other solution at this time :wink:
By the way, thanks you for your answers !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.