250+ Hrs No Issue, Now Intermittent 'Timer Too Close' Shutdowns

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Voron 0
MCU / Printerboard: PiZero2 / SKR Pico (UART Connection)
klippy.log (1.7 MB)

klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

I’ve updated klipper/mainsail/moonraker randomly throughout this printer’s life with no issues until now. I have not made any hardware changes at all. As of a couple days ago, I am seeing intermittent shutdowns and nothing is obvious on my mainsail terminal (no obvious CPU usage spikes, nothing out of the ordinary anywhere). I have attempted to view the log data (and generated graphs), but even after reading a thread on how to interpret the data, I am failing. IMy attached log should show a completed print, another print I started and failed (note that mere days ago, before the issues began, this exact same .gcode file printed perfectly fine). Additionally, just minutes ago, I started my standard heat soak routine and in the middle of it (just heats bed), I got a ‘timer too close’ error. There seems to be no obvious consistency as to when/why this shutdown occurs.

Is there something obvious in this log to a trained eye?

Thank you in advance.

Just a guess, but a printer with a lot of hours of usage might have a failing SD card. I would back up everything and try a new card.

3 Likes

Fascinating. I’ve loaded up a fresh install on a different sd card and I’ve printed flawlessly for about 8hrs now.

I’m going to continue for another day or so, but I’m optimistic this was the issue. The only failed/failing storage devices I’ve seen in my past showed data corruptions… the fact that this didn’t show similar symptoms is interesting to me. Any idea if I should have been able to see other symptoms besides these ‘timer too close’ shutdowns to point at the cause?

Often the system logs will report problems. (Typically Linux commands like dmesg --follow, journalctl -f, or tail -f /var/log/messages can be used to check for new system messages, but it varies by system.)

-Kevin

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.