Angle_sensor using for Stepping Lost?

Basic Information:

Printer Model: DIY kinematics: cartesian
MCU / Printerboard: Octopus Pro
klippy.log

Describe your issue:

Hello I have a 1m³ printer and prints quite large things and to save filament I take large infill distance! But this has the consequence that with new surfaces the edge rolls up and pressure head steps loses in collision (layer shift)!

Now my question is there possibility the Angle_sensor to monitor to trigger a macro at step loss? (no close loop)

Hello @kennygunner !

You may have a look on this:

S42B I have already tested ran very badly

1 Like

Is it this product in particular or other products too?

I would prefer a closed loop stepper unit instead of a solution with Klipper involved:

1. It is more close to the rotation system
  2. It can react faster
  3. There is no additional load for the Klipper system

EddyMI3D I agree with you! currently but price not possible!
But thought if klipper already supports tle5012b that maybe can give an option to trigger the position difference …

1 Like

Over the years I’ve seen a number of people put forward the idea of using closed loop steppers to get better quality prints but only very rarely do they fix problems like the ones @kennygunner describes.

The basic problem here is the model’s ends are rolling up and I think there needs to be more information regarding the situation. Could you let us know:

• What type of material is being used here?
  • Is the bed is heated? Is there a heated chamber or a closed environment?
  • What is the print the surface?
  • What have you tried so far to fix the problem?

A 1m x 1m x 1m is a large beast, but having the edges pull away is somewhat of a basic 3D printing problem and there are temperature tweaks, different build surfaces and adhesion options that can be tried before suggesting adding closed loop steppers.

@mykepredko give you right the underlying problem is that for cost reasons at 50-200h printing do not want to heat with 1kw. Therefore, our printer has even more problems!
Hotbed rises when cooling down and pressure dissolves partially.
I have now also determined that edge roll up was not the problem but again bed dissolve.

These are all not optimal conditions. It works but if you can live with the warping!

just happened after 100h once level shift. have determined after 1mm height
removed everything until then and restarted
if at positon loss Stopen would help me just further!

the questions:
What type of material is being used here?
-PLA

Is the bed is heated? Is there a heated chamber or a closed environment?
-GLAS 2KW heater
-Open case

What is the print the surface?
-BLuetape + M3 both adhesive tape

What have you tried so far to fix the problem?
S42B Closed LOOp stepper
orbiter Extruder
Z hobbing
Wood Leim

That’s a lot of blue 3M tape.

I understand you don’t want to run the bed heater continuously for several days/a week but there are a number of things you can still try to improve the adhesion of the model including adhesives on the bed and printing brims or rafts (personally I always print with a raft).

Personally, I would start out and treat this as a classic 3D printing issue and look at the classic ways of dealing with the edges of the model lifting from the bed before looking to more esoteric solutions.