BIQU B1 Klipper

Hello everyone, I hope you are well.
I’m starting in the world of klipper now.
I have a B1 BIQU.
Reading the documentation and looking for the files, I didn’t find the BIQU B1 file.
There are other BIQU printers, but not the B1:

My BIQU B1 uses SKR v1.4 MTB board and TFT35 LCD v3.0.

What files do I use in it, because I didn’t find the appropriate file with my printer’s name.

Reading the documentation I saw that the LCD will not work, but yesterday I read somewhere that it would be possible to use the LCD yes. How can I do this? Can you help me?
I have an “orange pi” and “RPI zero 2”
I have 2 BIQU b1

Another important question: How fast can my hardware print with klipper? Keeping good quality. I want to print fast!

Thank you for any help.

You can simply use the standard SKR1.4 file.
The TFT most likely does not work out of the box with Klipper. You will need to flash it with this firmware: GitHub - teeminus/NoTouchScreenFirmware: Stripped down version of BIGTREETECH-TouchScreenFirmware which only supports ST7920 emulation (Marlin Mode)

Print speed and quality does not (or only minimally) depend on the firmware. While Klipper theoretically is faster, the speed and quality is mostly determined by the hardware of your printer.
A bed-slinger like the B1 is maxed out by its own mechanical capabilities long before Klipper or Marlin would even break some sweat.

1 Like

Hello @Sineos .
Thanks!!

So far my machine is as it came from the factory.
But I’ll put a 2.0 orbiter in it.
If changing the hotend will help speed, I think I’ll do that. What do you recommend me?

I print 99% in pla.

I would like to have the best possible speed with a good quality.

What mechanical improvements do you recommend?

probably change the cooling system, because I use PLA. I think it could be important too.

Well, I do not know your printer. Some remarks:

• Print speed and quality depends mainly on:
    • the stiffness of the frame
    • torque of the steppers
    • quality of the linear components
    • moving mass
  • Bed slingers as the name suggests have to move their (heavy) bed for y movement. This high moving mass is the natural limit of such printers

Being a quite cheap printer, it is most likely that it has deficits in all points above.

Unless the cooling design of this printer is weak (I cannot judge) I doubt that you will reach speeds where this matters. But of course, more cooling is always good.

@Sineos
Thanks!!
Any more tips to get me started on klipper?
I think it’s worth using it instead of marlin.
Or better not mess with what’s working?

Both Marlin and Klipper are very respectable and capable firmwares.

I used Marlin a long time and was always kind of “afraid” of Klipper or maybe simply too lazy to go through the learning curve.
Today I value Klipper more because of its flexibility and stability. Especially building Marlin from source whenever you want to change something or update from older version is a major pain IMO. If you just download precompiled Marlin version, this is not a topic.

Klipper has an excellent documentation that should answer most of your questions. If something remains open, this is the place to get help.