Cannot Create Can0 Network

Basic Information:

Printer Model: MP3DP V4
MCU / Printerboard: Octopus Pro 1.0 (STM32F429)
klippy.log

I’m trying to setup canbus with my octopus pro 1.0 and ebb36. I have the bootloader flashed to both boards. And I have the firmware ready to flash but I cant get the Pi to talk to anything.

I have made the can0 file in interfaces.d and I can see the file there from WinSP but if I type ip -s link show can0 I get Device “can0” does not exist. I have done multiple reboots. Nothing I can find on google says what to do for this. Thank you in advance for any help!
klippy.log (2.4 KB)

Why?

grafik

1 Like

My apologies it has been added

The CAN network won’t exist until a CAN device is connected to the host. That can either be a USB to CAN adapter, or a controller board flashed with Klipper firmware configured for USB to CAN. The log you posted shows that you don’t have a printer.cfg file, so it’s not clear what you’re trying to accomplish at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks. I was able to get some great help from a user on discord. We got it all setup but the EBB36 is refusing to give a UUID. Ive tried 2 different EBB36 boards. Both flash no problem but wont show up on the network. I have the network setup now and can see the octopus but nothing we have tried will show up the ebb36

1 Like

After much more pulling of hair I have figured out that the EBB36 is good. I can see it if hooked to a U2C. But the octopus cant see it. I went back to try and reflash everything to see if I got a setting wrong somewhere but now I cant get it to do anything. I can put it in DFU mode and see that on the Pi but if I try to flash I get this error…

If anyone has any info on how to fix this that would be greatly appreciated!!!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.