Can't get manual mesh bed leveling to run with probe installed

Hello,

I recently bought an Ender 3 S1 and installed Klipper, I love it except I’m having a hard time getting the automatic mesh bed leveling to work properly. I’m sure it’s a hardware issue somewhere as my probe gets good numbers with the repeatability check but fails the location bias test.

I’ve spent way too much time trying to figure out what’s off with the probe and for now and would just like to use the manual mesh bed levelling. The documentation says I can use the following command but I can’t get it to work.

BED_MESH_CALIBRATE PROFILE= METHOD=[manual | automatic] [<probe_parameter>=] [<mesh_parameter>=]

I’ve tried using the below command and several variations of it but it always kicks of the automatic leveling with the probe. I still need the probe for Z homing so how do I get it to run the manual mesh leveling? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BED_MESH_CALIBRATE PROFILE=test METHOD=manual

Hello @jhenley01 !

Can you share the klippy.log?

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, I actually just figured it out. I forgot that I had added a macro that probes only the bed area of the part you are printing, once I removed that macro from my printer.cfg file the manual leveling is working now.

1 Like