CB1 Version error

Basic Information:

Printer Model:
MCU / Printerboard:
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

klippy(2).log (383.2 KB)
Hello peeps, I have just updated mainsail by just clicking update all. Now I have re flashed the SKR 3 EZ board after the update, however I am getting the error.

Klipper reports: ERROR

MCU Protocol error

This is frequently caused by running an older version of the
firmware on the MCU(s). Fix by recompiling and flashing the
firmware.

Your Klipper version is: v0.12.0-102-g9f41f53c
MCU(s) which should be updated:
CB1: Current version v0.11.0-241-gffb5105b
Up-to-date MCU(s):
mcu: Current version v0.12.0-102-g9f41f53c

Once the underlying issue is corrected, use the “RESTART”
command to reload the config and restart the host software.

mcu ‘CB1’: Command format mismatch: query_adxl345 oid=%c rest_ticks=%u vs query_adxl345 oid=%c clock=%u rest_ticks=%u

Now I am not sure how else to fix the CB1 version? Please help and thank you in advance.

Sorry I should add it’s a BTT Pad7 with SKR 3 EZ connected using USB.

Another question is can I flash firmware to the SKR 3 using usb connected to the pad if I use the KIAUH?

See MCU Protocol error caused by running an older version of the firmware

You need to update your host MCU.

I gathered that i would but not sure how outside of clicking update in mainsail. I have already updated the SKR board using make and putting on an sdcard then flashing that way and by the looks of it unless I’m reading it wrong then the SKR has been updated. Just can’t work out how to get the BTT Pad 7 to update?

Or just following this to a T
https://www.klipper3d.org/RPi_microcontroller.html

From the link above:

so :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Thank you that fixed it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.