Different versions in update manager / installed

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Vcore 31
MCU / Printerboard: Octopus Pro 446 + EBB42 by USB
klippy.log
klippy.log (981.2 KB)

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

Hi
I reinstalled klipper, and when I almost had it I updated…

Showing this error

but in update manager in Fluidd can see…

Why error say that i have installed in MCU ver: 0.12.0.74 but in Update manager of Fluidd i can see that version installed its 0.12.0.85?

Can force reinstall last update? How?

See MCU Protocol error caused by running an older version of the firmware for a general explanation.
This cannot be solved from within webinterfaces as they can only update the HOST Klipper but not the MCU Klipper.

In your case the above explanation might not be fully sufficient because your issue is caused by the unofficial Klipper modifications (see the -dirty indication in the log).

As I did not had this issue myself so far, I’m not 100% sure what the best approach is. You can try:

Approach 1:

1. Revert all modifications coming from the Beacon, i.e. run a
    git reset --hard master --
    git pull

in your Klipper folder
  2. Run make distclean && make menuconfig, build and flash a new firmware for all your MCUs, i.e. including EBBs, Linux Host MCU, CAN, etc.
  3. Apply the relevant modification for the beacon as per Beacon’s instructions

Approach 2:

1. Revert all modifications coming from the Beacon, i.e. run a
    git reset --hard master --
    git pull

in your Klipper folder
  2. Apply the relevant modification for the beacon as per Beacon’s instructions
  3. Run make distclean && make menuconfig, build and flash a new firmware for all your MCUs, i.e. including EBBs, Linux Host MCU, CAN, etc.
1 Like

thank you…

I solved it another way…
On the Voron website they explain a method to make a Script that forces the update of the MCU.

I attach a link to the video in case it helps someone.

Voron method for update MCUs

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.