Dual ADXL345 on a bed-slinger?

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3
MCU / Printerboard: BTT SKR Mini E3 -v- 3.0
Host / Raspberry Pi 4B, 2GB
klippy.log (13.5 KB)

klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

I’m installing an LDO Nitehawk 36, mainly to reduct the amount of wiring running to the hot end. It uses the USB bus for data and commands, which is a much simpler setup than CANbus. The toolhead has an integrated accelerometer (adxl345), so that takes care of the X-axis, but I still need to cover the Y axis.

I’m planning to install a second ADXL345 on the bed (permanently, using only when needed), connected to a Raspberry Pi PICO board, and connecting the PICO to the Pi 4. Unless that’s unnecessary and/or overkill, and I should wire the second ADXL345 directly to the Pi 4 using the GPIO header?

My question is: since the USB bus is already handling the X-axis adxl345, can I still use the USB bus to connect the PICO to the Pi 4 (and will Klipper be able to keep the two straight {and/or what needs to go into the config file to enable this?}), OR should I keep the two separate (if this is needed) by connecting the PICO to the Pi 4 using the GPIO header pins?

If anyone could steer me towards a good writeup of what’s needed to do this (or answer it here), I’d very much appreciate it!

There is no right or wrong here:

Note that the ADXL345 can be finicky to wire and prefers 17-times shielded cables with gold plated wires and not longer than 0.2 mm. Also you need to feed it only in blue-moon nights.
As such, the integrated solutions like the last example have a certain merit.