Duet 2 firmware compilation broken on Debian 11

Hi, I have had the same issue. I have tested a lot of different possible solutions to try to solve this issue.
First off, I do have an SD card with a working install, based on Buster with klipper v0.11.0_66_g4671cf2d.

This has been my safe path back to a working install.

I, as many has had failure after failure when updating to all releases after this one. Tried to download MainsailOS several times and build it all from scratch, but to no use, it fails all the time. So - I tried to move the new *.bin file to my “safe install” and do the make flash FLASH_DEVICE=*my printer ID - still fails. (looses the USB connection)

So - today I did it different, I made yet another SD card, but this time I used the rasbian lite img (Bullseye, and Buster) - and dropped MainsailOS, and went for semi automated install trough Kiauh, and to my suprise, it now works both on Buster and Bullseye. I did it on the Buster distro first, found it odd, cleaned my SD, made Bullseye and went troug it all by Kiauh again, and voila, my board flashed just fine.

Weird error, and I have had the same issue on pre v0.11.0_66_g4671cf2d who actually worked on Bullseye. So, my best bet - this has something todo with the Bossa instructions not “getting” it is flashed for usage trough USB.

Hope anyone else found this useful, I have done my “share” of of trial and error- to say the least!

1 Like