During Z probing, Y-Axis position resets to 0 between probes

Update:
Added a link to a video of the issue occurring and added a picture of the terminal read out after the issue happens.

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Custom cartesian
MCU / Printerboard: BTT Octopus, Arduino Nano, and Creality CR10 V1.1.4
[klippy.log
klippy.log (403.4 KB)

Describe your issue:

I have a custom printer with 4 print heads, two heads each on two individual carriers. Everything has been working fine including bed mesh and z_tilt_adjust. I recently updated klipper to be able to add in macros to allow unique aspects of copy mode and mirror mode for this printer set up. Now any probing function is having an issue.

I have the config set to probe 3 times. After the first probe, it resents it’s current position on Y axis to 0, resulting the tool head moving between probes.

For example. for Z_Tilt_Adjust, the first probing point is 15,15. It moves to this point, probes, then resets its Y axis position it thinks its at to 0, moves -15 on Y, then attempts to probe again.

After the first probe, it reports “probe at 15.000, 0.000 is Z=4.127375” when the probed point was actually at 15,15.

I am at a loss as to why the printer changes the position it thinks its at between probe attempts.

No takers on this one? Am I the only person who has had this problem?

You have quite a unique set up - I’ve been waiting to see if anybody would have any comments. It’s definitely outside my level of experience.

The only thing I could suggest to see if you can generate some comments is to post images of the printers and a video of what’s happening.

Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.