Filament run-out sensor

Hi all, I was trying to get the big tree tech smart filament sensor working on my ratrig v-core 3 but was not having much luck.
I have the BTT SKR 1.2 Pro and I am using the socket “E0” (PE15), (I have used !PE15 as the pin number as this is what was originally indicated in various places when I searched for this topic). All I got was an instant fail as soon as the printer started to print. I then tried without the exclamation but it made no difference.(I also tried with pull-up and pull-down with no chane) I then tried pin PG8 but with the same results.

As this is a relatively new addition to Klipper I thought I would try just a plain run-out sensor with a microswitch switching between +3.3 and Gnd using the same E0 connection of PE15, this didn’t work at all either, I held the switch closed until printing had started then let it go, the printer didn’t pause and the indicator on the “Tune” page never changed (I am using fluidd). Have I got the right pin number? does an alias need adding to use the pin? I did put my meter between the pin and ground and it was switching so I don’t see it being a physical contact issue, it is not a level issue as it is switching directly between 3.3V and Gnd so no ambiguity of logic levels. I am guessing the normal run-out sensor must have been added a while ago so it must be something I am doing wrong. Any ideas?

As an addition to this problem, is there a way to “debug” a pin by displaying an indicator that shows if a pin is high or low? (in the terminal window)

Thanks, Tony

To answer some of my questions and results of my testing, PE15, PG8 and the other pins in that group don’t work or are marked incorrectly in all the diagrams I have seen, or possibly are in a state that klipper cannot see.
I have connected the signal line to the first pin on the EXT 2 connector and it seems to be working now. The smart filament sensor seems to be working as well as although the pin is going high and low as the filament moves the indicator (on the tune page) shows a constant value rather than going on and off with the pin.