FLSUN speeder pad klipper freezing

Basic Information:

Printer Model flsun SR:
MCU / Printerboard:stm32f407xx_3D0019001750474230333720-if00/mks robin nano 3.1
klippy.log
klippy.log (6.7 MB)

Hello. I am using flsun speeder pad with my flsun qqs and sr. I had some issues, like mcu error on both printers (solved by changing power supply for the pad). But on my SR i keep getting random freezing while printing, which result in failed print (speeder pad will freeze and then printer stop). First i through that it is caused by pad overheating, so i changed cooler, cooling pad and added fan to it (reduced temperature of the pad from 60 to 27°C). Tried changing USB cables between printers.But yesterday my pad froze 2 times (and it is very random, sometimes at 85% of print, sometimes at 10%). On picture is message, I got on mainsail after I restarted pad, I uploaded log for someone who know what to do with it? Any help? Probably it is SW related, because my qqs runs good with this pad. I am not running on official FLSUN build, but this issue was even on FW provided by them. More people having problem like this, but we still didnt found sollution.

1 Like

OK, If anybody find this, it was mismatch between klipper in speeder pad and printer (for example, v103 in pad, v102 in printer). I also cutted 5V between pad and printer in USB cable just to make sure. Problem is gone.

Hi, I wanted to ask you if you could explain step by step what you did, because I have the same problem as you and I’m going crazy about it.
Thanks

Actually, there was more issues, which was causing it. First of all, i solved it on oficial klipper instalation, didnt bothered with stock flsun. One of the main problems is power supply. for some reason, flsun decided to ship standalone pad with only 12V 2 amp PSU, even through it can be connected to 24V. Replacing stock PSU with 24V 5A is first step to do, if you want to solve freezing (I had it connected to my laboratory PSU and noticed, that on 12V, sometimes it was trying to draw almost 5 amp, which stock PSU cant provide-hence crash or freeze appear). 24V 5A is more then enough for this. I also cutted 5V on usb cable between printer and pad, installed better heat pad between mcu and cooler on pad + added fan. After that, no more freezing. Then i sold this piece of junk and bought rpi, which is much better by my opinion :smiley: But not to just throw dirt on the pad, without it I would probably didnt even try klipper, it was good “easy” starting point from me. If BTT released their pad before flsun, I would rather buy their sollution.

2 Likes

Thanks again for the help, two more things, with the 24 volt, isn’t there a risk of frying the pad if it’s 12 volt? Also what do you mean by cutting the 5v from the usb cable? For klipper I put it stock months ago, Flsun’s one was giving too many problems, and changing pad for now is out of question I lost too many hours to fix it that I am fed up :grin:

Also how do you change from v102 to v103?

no risk. By default on V400 the pad is powered by 24V. Dont know why they decided do sell standalone pad with only 12V. There is voltage stabilizer inside. You need to strip some insolation on usb cable, cut red wire (5V) and isolate it, so it wont touch again. Or some people use piece of paper over the pad in USB conenctor itself. About version mismatch, make sure that in mainsail/fluid you see all ayour mcu´s and host with same or very close version to each other (it would be best to have them exactly same, cause it could cause some random problems).

1 Like

hello, here I am after a couple of attempts, I’ve put a fan behind the speederpad (it now reads 32 degrees) covered the printer cable with electricians tape the 5V pin on the USB socket and changed the power supply from the stock one to the 12 volt 5-6 amp one but it keeps jamming and I can’t figure out why

i have also checked the versions and they are the same perfectly, i have software updates to do on klipper, klipper screen, mainsail and moonraker but i am afraid that then i can no longer access klipper with ssh

hello, here I am after a couple of attempts, I’ve put a fan behind the speederpad (it now reads 32 degrees) covered the printer cable with electricians tape the 5V pin on the USB socket and changed the power supply from the stock one to the 12 volt 5-6 amp one but it keeps jamming and I can’t figure out why