Fluidd MCU 'mcu' shutdown: Timer too close

Hello guys,

I just updated my fluidd on my RPi4 and ran into this error “MCU ‘mcu’ shutdown: Timer too close”.
I checked the load on the system but it is definetly not overloaded or overheating. Since I couldn’t find the fault in the software, I checked the hardware connections but they were fine as well. I did a fresh install after that (including the firmware on my btt octopus), but the error stayed the same. The heating elements work, but as soon as I try to home any axis the shutdown happens. Any ideas on how to fix this? I searched the github issues and this forum but I couldn’t find this exact issue with the newest version.
klippy.log (640.1 KB)

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue. I replaced a RPI3 with a new RPI4b 8G and the heats work fine but when i try to home get the mcu shutdown timer too close. I have an ender 5 plus with an Octopus running Klipper and Voron Trident printer config. It ran fine with the RPI3B, but it took forever sometimes for the commands from my laptop to start running on the printer. My power is exactly 5.1vdc, no overheating and the only thing running is the same OS that ran the 3B. Not sure what to check next so i am going to do some research on the Raspberry Pi side. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

While your issue might seem similar, it’s better to start a new post instead of resurrecting a post that’s a year old. The OP misconfigured the firmware for an 8MHz crystal instead of the correct 12MHz crystal used on this board. Without a Klipper log it’s impossible to say if you’ve done the same thing, or if something else is wrong.

Thank that is what did as well. I am new at this so thank you for the advice also.