Fysetc Mini 12864 Panel (RGB) on Spider V2

Hi,
found the display in my parts and thought I’d give it a try. To do this, I inserted a code in the printer.cfg that causes Klipper to display an error. The exit is used.
As soon as the display is integrated, it uses this.
pin PB14 is reserved for spi2
Is this possible without screwing anything on the board?

SpiderV2 on Tronxy X5SA
SW is not actual, do have worries to update.
printer (2).cfg (13.4 KB)

changed several pins that are used by the display…
now Klipper is running without error
but what should the display show, it just has backlight ?

You may first find out what version your display is.

Second, what version is your Spider V2?

When you found out the versions of your hardware have a look at the right schematics and make the changes in your printer.cfg.

Good luck, hcet14

1 Like

Cross check against

and

1 Like

thx guys!
Spider V2.2, the display does not show me a version code - how do I find out?
@Sineos second entry made my day

OK, need to change the colour. and find out what is shown and what can be changed

1 Like

coloure done

does it need to be dimmed or turned off?

I’m late to the party on this one.

The board version is silk screened on the back, typically just under the tiny ribbon cable.

Fysetc has several different versions of the display. Some are monochrome back lit, some are fixed color, and the v2.1 that I have is RGB and fully adjustable.

The only cautionary item I’ve run into these displays is that if/when they are on the same SPI bus as other devices. My board shares the SPI bus between the display and Steppers. This v2.1 display defaults to 12Mhz where my TMC drivers only run at 4Mhz. I had to set spi_speed:4000000 to change the display to run slower SPI speed that match the TMC drivers.

There is a menu_timeout, but it only changes the menu back to the main if there is no activity. Does not change LED brightness.

LED brightness is all controlled outside the [display] settings. I have a [neopixel display] section to control the colors. You can control the backlight independently from the dial since the neopixel chain count is 3.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.