Getting error: Unable to write tmc spi 'stepper_x' register GLOBALSCALER with Fysetc Stridemax Dual FD

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Voron 2.4
MCU / Printerboard: BTT Octopus / BTT EBB SB2209 RP2040 / Fysetc Stridemax Dual FD
printer.zip (5.5 KB) klippy.zip (1.2 MB)

Describe your issue:

I am setting up a Stridemax Dual FD over CAN. I know the CAN communication is working properly because Klipper recognizes it and I am able to control my neopixel LEDs with it. However, when I try to move my motors, I am getting the error: Unable to write tmc spi ‘stepper_x’ register GLOBALSCALER. My Stridemax Dual FD is connected to a BTT u2c 2.1, which is connected to my Pi over USB and also connected to an EBB SB2209 RP2040 via CAN. I have attached zips of my klippy.log and printer.cfg.

If needed, I can include pics of my hardware setup.

Would anyone please be able to help me with this?

What I have tried (will update as I work on this issue):

• Swapping gpio3 and 4 since there appears to be a discrepancy between the Fysetc wiki and Github for the board.
  • Checked the fuses and both are in tact and not blown.
  • Checked the indicator lights. All of them are lit up, so power is being properly distributed through the board.

When swapping the gpios:

• Trying to force move Y results in this error:
  • Unable to write tmc spi ‘stepper_y’ register IHOLD_IRUN
  • Trying to force move X results in the error:
  • Unable to write tmc spi ‘stepper_x’ register GLOBALSCALER

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.