Help with UART TMC2209 and Ramps 1.4

Basic Information:

Printer Model: GtMax Core A1 (a national manufacturer)
MCU / Printerboard: Arduino Mega with Ramps 1.4 and Raspberry Pi 3 as secondary
klippy.log
klippy.log.txt (161.9 KB)

Describe your issue:

Hi guys, I recently got some TMC2209 drivers for my peinter… but I didnt find many info about how to setup with this board using UART. Dis anyone manage to get it work?

I’m trying to setup here but I’m getting some erros, like “unable to read tmc uart register gconf”

Btw, I didn’t cut any pin, or mod something… I just made the Y cable, plug then on 4th pin and connect to the Ramps using the AUX2 ports

My drivers came with all 16 pins , and some additionals on the top side, like this one. It’s the V.1.3)

Did I missing something?

This is how I setup the printer.cfg

[tmc2209 stepper_x]
uart_pin: PG1
interpolate: true
run_current: 0.760
sense_resistor: 0.110
stealthchop_threshold: 100

[tmc2209 stepper_y]
uart_pin: PF5
stealthchop_threshold: 100

[tmc2209 stepper_z]
uart_pin: PL7
stealthchop_threshold: 5

[tmc2209 extruder]
uart_pin: PL5
stealthchop_threshold: 0

I’m not sure about your board specifically but with the BTT SKR 1.4 Turbo you’ve gotta clip a pin off of the stepper drivers, see attached. Link to manual here

See TMC2208 V3 UART on RUMBA Board - Raise3D N2 - #9 by Sineos for some comments.

Thanks for the reply!

I’ll try to get some pinheaders to rise the driver a little bit to prevent to cut (honestly, I really don’t want to cut anything, I prefer to just remove the pins from the pinheader)

Also, I didn’t know about this single wire connection. I’ll give a try too as soon I got the pinheaders.

Also, I forgot to mention, my driver is the v1.3.