I think I might have found a bug with pausing and filament sensors

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Creqtivity Elf
MCU / Printerboard: I believe btt e3 v2
klippy.log

ezyzip.zip (2.1 MB)

Describe your issue:

So this just happened, and I couldn’t do the m112 because I didn’t want to lose the whole print.

So I have a filament sensor that basically just pauses the print, and the pause moves the hotend to the front right, and detracts some filament, and also raises the hotend a few mm(this is important later).

So I started a print, and then cancelled it a few seconds later. So now I have to wait until the bed and heater heat up, draw the prime line(my prime line is in my start macro), and then it cancels the print. However, during that time, I removed the filament. So after the prime line, it cancels the print, but ALSO moves the hotend to the front right, like it was paused.

Now, that’s not a big deal, but the actual big is in the next print. I was able to start a new print, so it didn’t seem like the previous print was paused or anything.

That print started with no problem. But about 30 minutes in, I paused the print, and that’s where the weirdness started. It moved the hotend to the front right like normal, but immediately started the print back up. That’s odd enough, but the Z was never lowered back down, so it was printing a few mm too high.

Now, I was printing 4 things, so that piece was ruined, but the other 3 pieces went to the correct height.

So then, I decided to take a look at the console, and saw this:

// Print already paused

That’s when I realized that it’s probably from the filament being pulled out while canceling was in progress. So it seems like it’s stuck in some halfway paused state now. I’ll have to restart the printer and I’m sure that will fix it.

Put this command in your start gcode:

CLEAR_PAUSE