Klipper install Anycubic kobra 2

I am using already a Mega S with Marlin and Octoprint.
Now I have bought a new Kobra2 printer and thought, that the sonic pad would be an easy way to use Klipper.

I have stopped the installation of the pad, when I saw that the printer-config was not available.

How do you do that? Can you explain this`?

Add

[output_pin power_ctrl]
pin: PB4
static_value: 1

to your config

Hi Fragmon, where can I find the config-file (printer.cfg) for the Kobra 2 printer?

Thank you. Thats the missing line i need.

Looks like Sineos got there before I did, was the PB4 pin config the only bit you needed?

Anyone have the complete config file to get it working?

What settings did you use when making the Klipper.bin file? I have tried every combination I can think of and can not get it to connect

IMG_4028

1 Like

Architecture HC32F460, serial PA15 & PA09. Based on the Anycubic Marlin source, I also changed the application address to 0x10000 by adding the option in /home/pi/klipper/src/hc32f460/Kconfig (not sure what happens if you donā€™t do this).
Then used the printer.cfg for the Kobra Plus as a starting point, combined with settings from the Marlin source.

Where did you get the marlin source from

Did you use 200mghz clock speed

Anycubicā€™s github. Note, this is version 2.8.7 not the latest version 3.0.2 and also doesnā€™t have all features working.

As a klipper newbie, I played safe and left it on 168 MHz.

Thanks for the info. Not sure if you can help with this question or not but it looks like mainsail is not showing the proper logs. I can update the config files in mainsail but when I check the logs after an error the Klipper log has the wrong printer config. Iā€™ve confirmed the information is correct in the printer-data folder. Is there another location for the logs?

Okay folks :slight_smile: Here it is!

https://crororo.blogspot.com/kobra2klipper

Manual with printer config file. Unfortunately WITHOUT NOZZLE OFFSET PROBE (yet)

3 Likes

The sonic pad seems to be up to date now

@brunnerkalle

Confirmation may be possible with a view onto the klippy.log

Thank you for this post, Iā€™ve been looking for something like this. I now donā€™t get the path does not exist error but now Iā€™m getting a MCU timeout error. Any ideas why