Klipper install Anycubic kobra 2

Can the new kobra 2 run klipper natively? Or did anycubic use the same motherboard as the other kobra models?

Hello

Just look up the motherboard that your printer used, and look up the other kobra models motherboards. Then you should be able to see if klipper can be used on your model.

Hope This Helps!
Blake

1 Like

Look up here:

1 Like

It looks like the same motherboard to me, though Anycubic havenā€™t released source code for it.

1 Like

I assume, Anycubic will not release Klipper configs.

I watched their motherboard replacement video and I think I spy that the X resistor has been moved. Itā€™s quite possible this board variant will work with Klipper without mods.

1 Like

Thanks. Since i was not sure i decided to buy the sovol sv06 and will install klipper on that as i know it can be done easily. Once more people get their hands on the kobra 2 and we find out more then i will get one. It is quite a nice printer for the money from what i have seen.

This video: Anycubic Kobra 2 FAST Bed Slinger? - YouTube has a picture of the motherboard at 2:23. Other users had to move a resistor from r65 to r66 to get klipper to work on older kobra models. On the Kobra 2 it looks like the resistor is on r66 with r65 left unconnected. It uses the same HC32F460 chip. Hopefully this means the Kobra 2 will be compatible with klipper without hardware modification.

1 Like

I get this Mainboard as a replacement for my broken Mainboard for the Anycubic Kobra Max. The old Board was the trigorilla Pro A 1.0.4. The new one is the Kobra 2 Board (Trigorilla Pro B 1.0.2).

The real Problem is, that he replace the TMC2209 to GC6609 Driver. This Driver have no UART Pin. Therefore they cut the UART Line and define the Stepper as 2208 Standalone.

ā†’ With this Board you cant use the UART Settings in Klipper.

But i get klipper working with this board. So you can controll the new Kobra 2 over Klipper without resolder the resistor.

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to get Klipper working on a Kobra 2 based on older Kobra configs and settings from the Marlin source. I have it partly working, movement, leveling, fans, thermistors are working but I canā€™t get either heater to turn on. Using the same pins (PA0 and PA1) and building Marlin from source has the heaters working. Anybody any idea why they donā€™t with Klipper? Iā€™m new to Klipper so it might be an obvious setting Iā€™ve not noticedā€¦or not !
Thanks

Both heater? (Bed and hotend). Does it work with Marlin?

@armpowered :

Any klippy.log?

Yes, neither heater works in Klipper but both work in Marlin using the same pin names

Hi,
Iā€™ve looked at the log and donā€™t see anything obvious. Basically it tries to turn on the heaters (fans do get switched on) but thereā€™s no increase in temperature so errors with (e.g.) ā€œHeater extruder not heating at expected rateā€.

This is a section of the log from when it fails, I have tried adding a verify_heater section but didnā€™t notice any change.

Stats 88186.8: gcodein=0 mcu: mcu_awake=0.001 mcu_task_avg=0.000006 mcu_task_stddev=0.000005 bytes_write=1456 bytes_read=10894 bytes_retransmit=9 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=176 receive_seq=176 retransmit_seq=2 srtt=0.003 rttvar=0.000 rto=0.025 ready_bytes=0 upcoming_bytes=0 freq=167997092 heater_bed: target=50 temp=23.4 pwm=1.000 sysload=0.02 cputime=2.696 memavail=245160 print_time=34.129 buffer_time=0.000 print_stall=0 extruder: target=0 temp=23.7 pwm=0.000
Heater heater_bed no longer approaching target 50.000
Stats 88187.8: gcodein=0 mcu: mcu_awake=0.001 mcu_task_avg=0.000006 mcu_task_stddev=0.000005 bytes_write=1462 bytes_read=11015 bytes_retransmit=9 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=177 receive_seq=177 retransmit_seq=2 srtt=0.003 rttvar=0.000 rto=0.025 ready_bytes=0 upcoming_bytes=0 freq=167997094 heater_bed: target=50 temp=23.4 pwm=1.000 sysload=0.02 cputime=2.716 memavail=245160 print_time=34.129 buffer_time=0.000 print_stall=0 extruder: target=0 temp=23.7 pwm=0.000
Heater heater_bed not heating at expected rate
Transition to shutdown state: Heater heater_bed not heating at expected rate
See the ā€˜verify_heaterā€™ section in docs/Config_Reference.md
for the parameters that control this check.

Is there anything useful in there?

That meant: Please upload the klippy.log. As file.

Upload

And please, when you upload code as text, please use the code brace for a proper output:

Format

OK, thanks, as I said new to Klipper.
Anyway, have found the answer, the POWER_CTRL_PIN (PB4) needs to be set high.

2 Likes

Hi Fragmon,

what config did you use to install Klipper on the Kobra 2?

Complete klipper-newbie hereā€¦

Hi,
did you already found a .cfg for Kobra2 ?
IĀ“ve bought the Sonic-Pad, but I am not able to connect it without a config-file.

Hello @Frano83

Bad choice:

What Pins do you Set for the serial for the klipper.bin