Lerdge.com is saying Klipper works on their boards now?

Basic Information:

Printer Model: xvico pioneer highly modified, with LERDGE K board now, and Creality E-Fit extruder / all new motors, all new fans, etc.
MCU / Printerboard: LERDGE K Board, version 2
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file. Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed

Describe your issue: I’m trying to get OctoKlipperPi to work on the above described printer. I’m using a Raspberry Pi 3B+ to serve the board. Since there’s no config file listed, I’m dead in the water. I asked LERDGE.COM via Instagram to comment; they said KLIPPER WORKS ON THEIR BOARDS NOW???

Corlissmedia2.0

Hello @xvicolkmstr !

That seems to a bit tricky:

Here is an attempt to run Marlin on it:

AFAIK there is no progress. Marlin has “hacked” the firmware encryption and thus can run on the Lerdge boards.
So far no attempt has been made to port this to Klipper. Consequently there are two solutions:

• Lerdge removes their encryption to allow free choice of firmware → From hardware PoV Klipper should work out of the box as far as I can tell
  • Some developer takes up the task to port the Marlin hack

I had a talk with the person posting on Instagram. They thought providing the STL files for their little iV printer constituted OPEN SOURCE. I told them it didn’t.

I think a common 32 bit board would have quite less effort to get Klipper on it.

Either I’ve lost my mind, or, I just found the Klipper info on the m.letdge.com website.

Mark

Never tried. Seems they have released a tool to encrypt the firmware.

Yes, I think so. Only via pc, though. I’m going to follow their instructions to the letter, and see how it goes. I’ll post results on my YouTube site: Corlissmedia2.0

Mark