I wrote a handy calibration tool with a lot of help from this forum that I’d like to share with you. The reason for creating this macro was that I didn’t want to reslice and reupload the G-code for my test prints every time I needed to test or calibrate for a new filament. Now, I can do it quickly and easily within the interface.
This macro allows you to print a few parts to determine the print temperature for your filament, the flow rate, the pressure advance value, and a validation pattern for bed leveling (similar to M26 in Marlin).
There are parameters to select what you want to print, set print temperature, fan speed, start and factor for the pressure advance tuning tower, and a built-in calculator used for flow rate and pressure advance calculation.
To add the macro, place the folder “Calibration_Prints” in the same location as your printer.cfg, and include [include Calibration_Prints/*.cfg].
The test prints are pre-sliced files, have its own start_gcode and are therefore sliced for my specific printer, You will most likely have to reslice, modify, and replace the G-code in their respective .cfg files to make it work for your printer. What needs to be changed is commented inside their respective .cfg files. The STL files I used are included.
I have done my best to provide as much information as I could, and I have commented everything in this macro. If you type “help” in the “TOOL” parameter, you will get a bunch of information about the macro, how to use it, and what’s important to know.
One last warning: don’t simply add this macro and use it right away, or you will most likely have a bad time. Change it accordingly to your printer before use. I am not responsible for any damage to your printer.
Based on user feedback:
- Fixed some bugs,
- Added slicer settings information in the .cfg’s
- Added a lengthy, in depth redme.txt where (hopefully) everything is explained
- Removed the validation pattern and instead added a retraction test print.
- Simplifies START_TUNING_PRINT and END_TUNING_PRINT
- Fixed some more bugs
- changed the flow calibration print and its .stl, because the first one was flawed
- added the TUNING_TOWER command to heat- pressure advanced- and retraction-calibration, making it easier when it comes to adjusting the sliced g-code for the prints and gives more flexibility with the parameters.
- added FLOW parameter.
Note: For the flow parameter to work correctly, slice the g-code for those prints at 100% flow.
In order for the Macro to work correctly, you need to use [firmware retraction]
Calibration_Prints.zip (250.4 KB)