Manta 8p z_tilt

Basic Information:

Printer Model: frankenvoron 1.8
MCU / Printerboard: manta 8p v2.o
klippy (24).log (1.1 MB)

Describe your issue:

hi everyone,
i have a voron 1.8 style printer with 2 z screws and manta 8p v2. im trying to make a z_tilt_adjust, but it"s not working as it should. i tried to switch the z motors, and almost everything i found on this subject. the probed points range is increasing. so, i need help. khanks

Hello @Ebro !

How do you tell? Do you get an error message?

I found this in the log:

Unknown command:"Z_TILT_AUTODETECT"

The autodetect is a try who not work. The error message is
Retries aborting: probed points range is increasing.
I changed the die pin with! And no change. Switch the motors, not working more.

Obviously you meant Z_TILT_ADJUST

Take care to run a G28 before. Does this run anyhow?

Also this:

If cabling is the same, the dir_pin in [stepper_z] and [stepper_z1] should both negated or not.

[stepper_z]
step_pin = PB8
dir_pin = !PB7              # <-------
enable_pin = !PE0
microsteps = 32
rotation_distance = 8
endstop_pin = probe:z_virtual_endstop
position_max = 280
position_min = -2
homing_speed = 8
second_homing_speed = 3
homing_retract_dist = 3
[stepper_z1]
step_pin = PB4
dir_pin = PB3                # <-------
enable_pin = !PB6
microsteps = 32
rotation_distance = 8

I have tried both negated and z negated-z1 not negated and it change nothing. I did a stepper buzz to test the motors and the command only work with the z stepper. The stepper z1 have no reaction with the command.
Can it be a part of the issue?

If Z1 does not react at all, you should check the wiring and the MCU pins you used.

I used the pins in the manta 8p v2.0 config with motor 4 for z1. I did not changed the MCU pins of the example.

Eric Brochu
418-387-0509
Ericbrochu454@gmail.com

When you did the motor swap, was it the other motor that did not work or was it the same motor?

i got it! i didn"t wired it properly… on the manta 8p board, it have a motor 3A and motor 3B the z was on 3A and z1 on 3B… so, i put my z1 on the motor 4 socket and everything work properly.

thank you @EddyMI3D for your help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.