Mirrored Prints

Basic Information:

Printer Model:
MCU / Printerboard:
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

Hello Everyone, For some reason my prints are mirrored. Now some where i found that 3D printers must be configured to use a right-hand coordinate system. If you have configured your printer to use a left-hand coordinate system, your prints will come out mirrored but dont know how to fix that?

Therefor it is needed to attach your klippy.log.
What printer do you have?

0,0 is by default at the front left edge.
So you have to set the definition of endstops and homing direction accordingly.
And of course the movement direction of your stepper motors.

1 Like

klippy(2).txt (3.6 MB)

Sorry it failed to upload.

Would that not mean that it would go opposite on the klipper pad 7 for the direction? Ie if +Y goes to the back of the bed then it would be opposite if I push +Y?

Yeah mine home so it’s rear left.

Invert the direction of move and insert

#homing_positive_dir:
#   If true, homing will cause the stepper to move in a positive
#   direction (away from zero); if false, home towards zero. It is
#   better to use the default than to specify this parameter. The
#   default is true if position_endstop is near position_max and false
#   if near position_min.
1 Like

Thank you I will give this ago shortly.

Ender 3 with 400x400mm heated bed but endstop for y axis is at the back of the printer.

printer(3).txt (5.7 KB)

So am Interpreting this right I one I would set origin to 0,340 in my orca slicer then in printer config change the stepper direction but because my endstop is at max add the homing positive direction true?

If I do this would my klipper pad go opposite when I push the +Y ?

Origin is either 0,0 or the centre of the bed (only with delta printers) and should be nothing else.

If you need to add some value to the axes to reach the origin on the bed, then the position_endstop is negative. In your case -0.34

More on this see here:

Ok so this has sorted the mirror images how ever the movement buttons on the pad are opposite now.

For some reason my bed mesh after changing the direction and re doing my mesh the printer doesn’t seem to be actually compensating for it

I say this because if I do a first layer test then one side is too close and other is too far for the hoy end

the odd thing is before i changed the stepper direction and what not the bed used to be high on the rear of the bed and low at the front. Now after swapping direction of stepper i have re done a mesh and now the high spot is at the front of the bed which doesn’t make sense.

This can be set in the different webifs, e.g. fluidd:

Most likely a mechanical issue, e.g. twisted axes etc. Either fix your mechanics or try Axis Twist Compensation - Klipper documentation

Thank you mate I will have a look at both of these tomorrow.

For the inverting i dont seem to have that option

Event though it says it here Control - Mainsail

OK i have found the inverting but i had to do it on the pad not the browser.

I have looked at this x axis and the twist it seems fine i tried a different extrusion for the X axis as well but it seems fine same result. Would putting the X on liner rails help?

When the steppers were opposite the mesh was as well saying high at the back but in this photo it shows the high point at the front. Here is what it looks like atm at bed temp 60c.

Hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like your entire bed is rotated around X-axis.
I’d work on the mechanical bed leveling.

So you think it’s something with the x axis not being straight or being twisted still?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.