MKS SKIPR CAN Bus

I did a massive memory wipe with STLINK on MCU STM32F407. now how to generate a bootloader to upload it to MCU? then generate the .bin file from klipper and upload it to a sd card to load the new firmware

Could probably just flash canboot

https://www.klipper3d.org/Bootloaders.html

Kevin o’Connor excuse my ignorance, I’m new to this world of Klipper and SKIPR, I’m trying in different ways to make the connection between SKIPR and THR42, (I already managed via USB cable to the MCU) I arrived at this post indicating that you found solution by changing can.c in klipper but I can’t find the file I should use to replace. Is your recommendation already in the latest klipper update? If not, could you make available the can.c file that I should be using?
I’ll be very thankfull. I’ve been trying for ages without success!
Sorry for my english.

All changes have been merged into the master Klipper branch

Cheers,
-Kevin

1 Like

yep, everything fine with the master Klipper branch.
Working fine with my MKS SKIPR + Biqu EBB36
Nothing special modifications needed, only the usb cable to the mcu part is needed and activated usb can emulation

Hi,

I am experiencing all of the above issues, especially unstable can connection.
sometimes the mcu is found, mostly not.
it is driving me nuts :slight_smile:
I am also using the mks skipr + biqu ebb36
could you please share your config files again?
thanks in advance
B

Here, i uploaded my current config again:

Be careful, i’m actually playing with sensorless homing.

Hello Everybody,
Since I am new to Klipper in general and especially to the Skipr I am quite overwhelmed with it. I want to use a “Fly SHT36” to reduce the cable mess that is going to the toolhead. After installing klipper on the EMMC, I was delighted to see, that apparently the MCU was already flashed with a firmware. But after the installation guide from maz0r for the SHT didn’t work, I reflashed the F407 with the settings shown in the opening post of this thread. Now I get a semipositiv answer with:

mks@mkspi:~$ ~/CanBoot/scripts/flash_can.py -i can0 -q
Resetting all bootloader node IDs...
Checking for canboot nodes...
Query Complete

But now klipper can’t connect to the MCU and doesn’t show me the temperature of the bed etc.

Now I am quite lost what to do

Sorry If my questions are too stupid, but I am rather stuck.

Hi,

Thanks for solving the problem but it’s not very clear, maybe put it on the github of makerbase.

Finally I managed to make skpir/thr36 work together but I still have a problem I have to reboot the printer each time otherwise I get a message
"mcu ‘mcu’: Unable to connect
Once the underlying issue is corrected, use the
“FIRMWARE_RESTART” command to reset the firmware, reload the
config, and restart the host software.
Error configuring printer

Any solution for this?

Hello, tell me how to connect MKS skipr to Fly-SB2040 V2 via CAN interface. I would like step by step instructions.

I know this is old, but I reached out to them because I was having issues with CAN0 not coming up, and they advised me to copy the steps detailed here. MKS Monster8 v2 as a Can to USB bridge adapter | klipper_canbus (maz0r.github.io)

I did NOT use the 48kib bootloader, I used the 32, since the 48 was refusing to load CAN0, after I did that, it is all functioning. Not sure if they’ve changed, but following the MKS Monster guide worked perfectly for me.

I am also using a Bullseye image from here redrathnure/armbian-mkspi: Armbian Linux Build Framework (github.com)

2 Likes

@Silentwidow Thank you for this, I had the exactly same issue and your post resolved it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tell me how to set it up correctly. I’m using the latest versions but canbus still doesn’t work. I think it’s not a problem in the wrong settings, but I do not know the right ones.
Thanks

Unable to activate CAN0 native CANBUS

To use a toolboard (ebb36) I couldn’t query can0.
The following status messages are displayed by the system:

The EBB36 ist flashed with the canboot menu via USB. Work.

The systemimage is the latest downloaded from MKS googledrive with Armbian 22.05.0
Does anyebody got the same problem?

Thx Sebastian

here the configfile "can0 "@/etc/network/interfaces.d/:

Did you stopped the klipper service before?
It shouldn’t run, because it blocks the canbus

You don’t need both auto & allow-hotplug

Remove line auto can0

This change below will not fix your issue but will help after you get things working.

Change txqueuelen value to 1024 or 2048

1 Like

Thx for your answer, i´ll going to try out now.

So, I tried both variants.
I stopped the Klipper service and I set the txqueuelen, whatever that is supposed to be, to 1024. The result is as before. There is no termination at SkiPR?