Moonraker does not report printer state

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Voron 2.4
MCU / Printerboard: Fysetc Spider V2.3
klippy.log (1.9 MB)
moonraker.log (3.7 KB)

klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

I must apologize as this problem is not easy to describe and my setup is not standard. Hopefully someone can read this and point me to a right direction:
As server software I use Repetier server with klipper.
Klipper is not installed in the default place but in /opt/klipper/VoronGold/.
VoronGold is the printers slugname. Everything is fine, printer is operable and printing as expected.
As I have installed a knomi in my stealthburner there was need to install moonraker as well. I did that in the default place ~/. That works so far as well. Knomi displays the temperatures, shows the heating and the knomi special macros (QGL, Homing, …). I added a PC-IP-address in moonraker.conf [Trusted clients section] to access the moonraker web ui.
The problem is that the printer state is always operational:true and ready:true whatever the real state of the printer is, even during a print.
To check the api-state I used the following command in a browser:

http://192.168.1.64:7125/api/printer

where 192.168.1.64 is the IP-Address of the printer and 7125 the moonraker port as given in moonraker.conf
The result of this request is

temperature
bed
actual 27.17
offset 0
target 0
tool0
actual 29.24
offset 0
target 0
state
text Operational
flags
operational true
paused false
printing false
cancelling false
pausing false
error false
ready true
closedOrError false

Actual temperatures and target are ok, but the state never changes.
Could some of you experts check how this is on your machine (access with moonraker.conf [trusted clients] must be granted before testing) by checking the result of the above mentioned command?
Or is there any possibility to get the printer state (printing, pausing, etc.)?
Regards

It is my understanding that these two flags are true as soon as Klipper has successfully “booted” the host process on the SBC AND the firmware on the board AND is connected to moonraker.

As soon as you provoke some errors, you will get:

{
    "state": {
        "flags": {
            "cancelling": false,
            "closedOrError": true,
            "error": true,
            "operational": false,
            "paused": false,
            "pausing": false,
            "printing": false,
            "ready": false
        },
        "text": "Error"
    },
    "temperature": {
        "bed": {
            "actual": 22.31,
            "offset": 0,
            "target": 0.0
        },
        "tool0": {
            "actual": 24.41,
            "offset": 0,
            "target": 0.0
        }
    }
}
1 Like

That was my understandig too. But if I start a print now, the flag “printing” should go to true, but this is not the case. Everything stays as before inspite the temperatures are changing. Even if the print starts and goes on.

The problem is: The Knomi firmware looks after these flags and if they do not change the knomi state does not change either.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.