NeoPixel Led as Progress Bar

Still no joy, I suppose my board isn’t capable??

Hi,

I get the next error message when booting klippy:
‘Section ‘display_template led_extruder_temp_glow’ is not a valid config section’ (looks like it’s referring to line 31 in the .cfg file

I uploaded the ‘led_progress.cfg’ file in the same directory as the printer.cfg is in. added the section to printer.cfg like i was supposed to.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Hi,
Could you drop your klippy.log file here after you get the error?

klippy.log (763.9 KB)

It’s happened around the timestap: 2023-01-01 20:03:20,590.

I gave it four tries as you can see. Thank you for spending your time on me!

Kind regards,
Michel van Eunen.

Your klippy log is incomplete. It’s missing the config part. Are your klipper updated to the last version?

George,

I’m looking into it, but could not find the time last weekend.

For your information, i’m running the Creality Sonic Pad. Maybee they have there own version of klipper on it, so it puts out a diffferent kind of log file? These are my first baby step into Klipper, so it takes me some effort to get there! :wink:

If I press the ‘Check fo rupdates’ button i’m up-to-date it says…

I’ll try to find the time tonight, else tomorrow will do…

Try to upload here your printer.cfg. Maybe I could find the problem.

printer.cfg (9.5 KB)
klippy (2).log (893.9 KB)

Now i added the lines as i should to my printer config. After the restart I got the same error agian. I uploaded the led_progress.cfg file to the same directory as printer.cfg is in.

I inlcuded a fresh klippy log (klippy (2).log) as well…

Can you spot what i have done wrong?

Sorry, but I can’t figure out what is your problem. Probably it’s because Sonic Pad use it’s own klipper implementation (there are also more of the same errors in your log file but not related to neopixel). Maybe someone with a Sonic Pad could help more.

Hello George,
Would love to have you Macro working but seems I’m too much of a newbie or simple soul.
I have a string of 53 leds and wish to use 40 to 53 LED only.
At the moment I must be entering something wrong and I can’t get the macro to work at all.
I’ve attached my current cfg. for the my caselight.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Wo
caselight.cfg (4.7 KB)
uld you be able to send a working .cfg file for me to use as a template

Hi Ryno, if you manged to get it working, may I use your macro as a template? Thanks

It only works with the whole array. Can’t address segments of a led. For what you want take a look at Led Effects.

Hi George

Ok, thanks for the info. Can you offer a working .cfg for the whole array in the meantime?

Thanks

I don’t think I understand your request. My macro is already a working cfg.

I badly worded it. I’m after a working macro, so was wondering if you’d be ok sharing it as I could do with a template to work from.
I’m struggling with the set up at the moment.

Thanks

Use the macro from github. Your is modify. It will work as it has worked for everyone.

Hi Im new to Klipper so just trying to understand the format. This
install can you tell me where you place :
NEOPIXEL_DISPLAY LED=“my_Led” TYPE=print_percent MODE=progress
in the config.
mine is call my_Led

Regards Thanks

If you want to see the print progress you should call this macro in your START_PRINT macro but you can run the command in terminal at any time or during a print.

1 Like

Thanks George ! realized this but since im new to klipper and learning , where to stick stuff is a process. Works great . Thanks !! Merry Christmas