Non-Mixing Extruder Help Newbie looking for expertise

Help I have fallen in to the rabbit hole of Klipper. I had to jump out…Save me…

I have solved or found workarounds for everything but this 3 in to 1 setup:

Background: I have a home built Core X,Y (was a hypercube) It is now morphed in to a fully linear rail X /Y and Z. My X and Y are closed loop. Z is duel steppers with 4 linear rails. I am using a 3 in to 1 non-mixing hotend with three extruders and three encoder type filament out detectors.
I am running the Rockpi4b + with an btt octopus V1.1. Can someone please take the below and fix it so it will work. please help me with the macros… I have tried for 2 full months and I had to go back to Marlin. Any help with a lost sole is apricated.
Below is my saved work in progress I want to go back to kipper config…

Marlin is great but I can not print via the usb port (octoprint baud >1000000) any faster the 90mm/s without blobs… SD card prints great… I was able to get Klipper running at 130mm/s without any issues on usb so I have not needed to go to SPI. I need my 3 colors for my coasters and outer multi-color crap that I sale to buy my filament for my RC planes

New_test3_printer.cfg (18.5 KB)

I don’t mean to discourage you, but you’re not going to get anywhere asking people to write you a config for a printer you built yourself. If you ask a specific question supported by your logs and explanations of your objective, what you’ve tried so far, and what exactly you need, you’re a lot more likely to get helpful responses.

1 Like

Thank you for the great advice. Yes I am one to want to know the work flow not just the code. The docs on how klipper works is not the clearest. All they said about the “shared hotend” function was decommed was that otvis gone. No clear path ro take or an good clearnecplantion on how that function now is done. After i get 3 jobs printed in Marlin I will reflash to Kilpper and fall back in the rabbit hole. I will then have the newest logs. to share at that time.

Sorry all for my first post it was incompleate

@Snakn1, if you scroll all the way to the top of this thread and read the very first post, it takes you step-by-step on how to configure the single hot-end multi extruder setup.

Be advised that with Klipper, there is additional slicer configurations that need to be done. There is another document, linked above, on that setup.

When you setup Klipper, keep your initial macros to a minimum and get the configuration working first. Start with a single extruder in your config, make sure it’s operational, then add a second extruder per this document.

If you are using a Creality SonicPad…. Well, can’t help you there. That system is custom to Creality and you should engage them for support.

• James

Yes thanks. I started with onlt one extruder an i was ables to get great prints. I only had two more issues to figure out. The 1st one was the straw that broke me. I am using a Rockpi 4 not a rassberry . That issue was access to the gpio ports to trun on the printer… Klipper so far that i could find was that no other bd but the pi the Power function will work. I have found a workaround now for that issue. I have a btt optopuse. And it will let you power it on without the steppets powered on. So now i will work on that… I wull let all lnow when i do figuer it out.

hello all I jumped back in to the rabbit hole of Klipper, I have found a fix for most everything… I only have one question now. If cancelled the print head goes to the back right, I want it to go X , Y home , I did have an issue with my three encoder runout switches, but I figured out a fix in the micro when switching extruders.

printer.cfg (17.1 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.