Troubleshooting non mixing extruder

Hello everybody,

i’am using Klipper for a long time on multiple custom made printers and everything runs smoothly.
On my big delta i set up an non mixing extruder thanks to the great work of @jjarosz.

But i’am running into some issues and i have to say i’ve hitted a wall. I followed the routine and i’am able to print. Three things that are a little bit strange to me and also the reason why i could not even procced with slicing and trying. I’ve done my best to ask the search but i could not find something that helps me.

1. i use identical geared steppers for the 2in 1out setup, rotation distance for the main stepper is setup correctly so that i will get 50mm filament when i request 50mm. For the 2nd extruder_stepper i need to setup twice the rotation distance of the main stepper to get the correct amount of filament - and i don’t get why.

2. Here it gets a little bit more weird. I do my retracts at 70mm/s because of the long bowden i use - Before adding the 2nd extruder_stepper everything works fine. After configuring the 2nd extruder i can print normaly, extruder switching is working, everything is normal - except for higher extruder speeds, maximum 15mm/s is possible. When i try higher values the extruder is just skipping and not moving. When i undo the extuder_stepper everything is working normally.

3. i can not run a PA with the config active - i’am getting an “Unable to infer active extruder stepper”

For the extuder_stepper, i’ve name it extruder2 just for trying (belted_extruder shows the same behaviour)

I would be very thankful if somebody could give me some ideas - if some extra infos are needed please just tell me.

Thanks in advance,
G.
klippy.log (23.8 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.