Old x1000 german reprap issue on xyz controlling ES-D1008 servo controller

Hello,
after last burn of old megatronics 1.3. decided to move on klipper on that big printer

All work correctly endstops extruders but have issue on move of XYZ because controlled by external driver ES-D1008 where drivers spec request a pulse 10us (step-dir) , exist e method for increase pulse timing on klipper?

thanks

Hello @exilaus !

Can you please post the klippy.log in your next post?

grafik

somehow this is really depressing :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Hi,
interesting.
Just an advice, give more input. What is your setup, etc.

EddyMI3D asked for the klippy.log. Very important concerning Klipper tuning.

Good luck, hcet14

ops sorry miss to write moved on mks robin v3.1.

Resolved for now with marlin using MINIMUM_STEPPER_PULSE in adv configuration…
as i digging klipper resolved that issue but only for AVR chips adding Custom_step_delay but not for other STM32 chips

if use TB6525 or TB6600 or that my servo controller in step/dir need long pulse with for step/dir/enable…

with marlin tested with osciloscope and default pulse are 1.5us and be ignored from ES-D1008 step-servo driver when using value 13us printer start move(oscilloscope give excatly step pulse of 13us).

for me topic ca be closed because i can’t modify firmware soon (need wait end of next month) but sure need add in Kconfig Custom_step_delay or step_delay value for other chip too.

regards

1 Like

The step pulse timing is specified in the printer.cfg - see the description of step_pulse_duration at Configuration reference - Klipper documentation

-Kevin

1 Like