Option 'default_parameter_e' is not valid in section 'gcode_macro pause'

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender3 V2
MCU / Printerboard: Standard Board 4.2.2
klippy.log
klippy (1).log (22.0 KB)

Describe your issue:

I’ve just add a client.macros.cfg to my files and linked to it via my printer.cfg, however I get the following message. Is there an easy fix on this ? just to confirm I have the following code:

[gcode_macro PAUSE]
rename_existing: BASE_PAUSE
default_parameter_E: 1.7
gcode:
LED_PAUSED
{% set x_park = printer.toolhead.axis_minimum.x|float + 5.0 %}
{% set y_park = printer.toolhead.axis_maximum.y|float - 15.0 %}
{% set max_z = printer.toolhead.axis_maximum.z|float %}
{% set act_z = printer.toolhead.position.z|float %}
{% if act_z < (max_z - 40) %}
{% set z_safe = 40 %}
{% else %}
{% set z_safe = max_z - act_z %}
{% endif %}
SAVE_GCODE_STATE NAME=PAUSE_state
BASE_PAUSE
G91
G1 E-{E} F2100
G1 Z{z_safe} F900
G90
G0 X{x_park} Y{y_park} F6000
G91

I’ve also uploaded a copy of both my printer.cfg and client.macros.cfg all seemed to work prior to adding the client.macros.cfg , although not done a first print as yet

printer (1).cfg (4.3 KB)
client_macros.cfg (3.7 KB)

Any help would be greatfully appreciated

Have you already tried a lower case E (e) ?

https://www.klipper3d.org/Command_Templates.html#variables

To be honest still new to all this so wasn’t sure what I had to do to be honest. I got the config online as I noticed when watching a couple of videos that I didn’t have some of the macors setup. Tried lowering the case E but no change

default_parameter_ has been deprecated quite long ago. It is recommended not to copy macros from somewhere in the wild as you never know what quality they have.
Check Commands templates - Klipper documentation to get a general and and in particular @mental’s excellent write-up here: Macro Creation Tutorial - #32 by mgoodner

I won’t lie, I seen a video on Klipper and jumped straight in with booth feet and starting to realise this is going right over my head lol

I personally have quite an ambiguous opinion about macros.
On the one hand they are extremely powerful and needed for some situation on the other hand they make the configuration and behavior of the printer intransparent.

Especially beginners tend to collect every macros they come across mostly likely without understanding or needing them (“I definitively need a macro to make the beeper of my printer play Highway to Hell and also some Christmas-tree LED effects surely help my print quality”… oh and wait, my printer does not even connect Klipper, so let me add these 20 macros as well, in case there is a make-my-printer-magically-connect-macro amongst them)

My recommendation:

• Use them sparsely
  • Use them when you really need them
  • Understand them before using them

To be honest that makes a lot of sense as I wasn’t totally sure why I needed them. After watching a lot of videos etc I just noticed a lot of people had certain macros enabled. In one instant I wanted the printer to rebuild the bed mesh prior to print and was informed that I had to add a script to the gcode marco - start_print however on looking at my printer.cfg noticed I don’t even have a start print section which I believe this is why I see this on my dashboard

From the Macros section I noticed there is no start print? as this is the stock install how would you go about starting a print as I don’t see an option anywhere else. If this is all I need to get up and running and get a first print done that would be great, then just got to find a filament sensor script and all is done.

Just to let you know I did donate as per our last convo and mentioned you in the message as without you I wouldn’t have got this far, Cheers

Just looking through the forum and noticed this on another post and that seems to have done the trick

[gcode_macro START_PRINT]
gcode:
{% set BED_TEMP = params.BED_TEMP|default(60)|float %}
{% set EXTRUDER_TEMP = params.EXTRUDER_TEMP|default(200)|float %}
# Start bed heating
M140 S{BED_TEMP}
# Use absolute coordinates
G90
# Reset the G-Code Z offset (adjust Z offset if needed)
SET_GCODE_OFFSET Z=0.0
# Home the printer
G28
# Move the nozzle near the bed
G1 Z5 F3000
# Move the nozzle very close to the bed
G1 Z0.15 F300
# Wait for bed to reach temperature
M190 S{BED_TEMP}
# Set and wait for nozzle to reach temperature
M109 S{EXTRUDER_TEMP}

Unless of course I’m wrong the only change I made was to make the EXTRUDER_TEMP 200 from 190

You don’t need a START_PRINT macro to use the printer. Even if you have a START_PRINT macro, it won’t do anything unless you have your slicer insert it into your start gcode.

To be honest I just noticed this. I’m hoping to maybe able to help with the next thing. I opened cura sliced a file and sent it direct to printer, the printer does get to temps however does not print. have I missed something here. The printer is still setup in Cura under Marlin as I wasn’t sure what to select with Klipper not being an option

getting there guys thanks for the help. Can I ask would you say this was an ok bed mesh