Printer booted to parsing error after power cycle

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Voron 0.2
MCU / Printerboard: Fly Gemini V3
Host / SBC Integrated
klippy.log

klippy.log (7.4 MB)

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

My Voron printer was working fine and then while testing the sensorless homing sensitivity i had to push the emergency stop button and then when I power cycled the machine to get back to what i was doing, I noticed that none of my leds were turning on. So when I connected my laptop to the web interface I saw, “Unable to parse existing variable file” and nothing else. and looking at the klippy log i see a hand full of errors that obviously weren’t there just moments prior when the printer was working just fine. Could really use a hand figuring out my next step to getting this thing back on its feet.

It can happen, when power cycling a SBC, that the file structure on gets damaged during a write process.

If you are lucky, you may can rescue data from the on a Linux based system. Also depends on how the system software is stored on that board.

1. Stop Klipper
  2. Delete /home/fly/printer_data/variables.cfg
  3. Start Klipper

Might be wise to follow @EddyMI3D recommendation and check your entire SD-card for errors.
Especially SD-card based system should only be restarted with the appropriate restart command and never rebooted “hard” as this has a high chance of corrupting the filesystem on the SD card and can even render your system unbootable.

Are you pressing the “Emergency Stop” button on the Mainsail interface:

or are you pressing a physical “emergency stop” which turns off all power to the printer and host?

Pressing the “Emergency Stop” on the Mainsail interface shouldn’t cause any problems/damage/broken files on the SD Card - but turning off the power to the printer without properly shutting down the SBC can.

@Quinn, I think we need to first determine what you mean by “emergency stop”.