Problems at retraction points on high layer height

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Anycubic Kobra 2
MCU / Printerboard: mcu(HC32F460)
`klippy.log

Describe your issue:

Ive got an anycubic kobra 2 running klipper.
No problems till today. I am trying to print a box. These box has some recessions of a width of 1cm. The walls are 3 lines thick. In the recessions there are only 2 lines.
No problems using a layer height < 0.18. With an increasing layer height, there are growing ugly
klippy.log.zip (1.1 MB)
wobbles on the retraction points.
I have tried 195°C to 210°C and many different retraction settings. I also changed pressure advance from the optimum to 0 and way to high. There is no change in the problem.
It looks like only layerheight has effects.
Note: Its not the Z seam!
Some ideas?
Thanks

Edit: Tried with 130mm/s and 50mm/s: identical results

This is the z seam:

Probably some combination out of:

• Pressure advance
  • Retraction settings
  • Other slicer settings that affect this behavior, e.g. coasting etc

Since I neither know your slicer settings nor printer, I cannot give any more advice, but this is the area I’d start searching / tuning

I’ve disabled pressure advance and the results looked very similar.
i am using prusa slicer. Printer is anycubic kobra 2.
My retraction distance is 1.5mm on 20 mm/s.
On more distance I am getting small holes in the walls, less gives some oozing while traveling. Retraction speed seems not to have much impact but too much of it also causes holes in walls.

While printing my testcube I have played with temperature, pressure advance and retraction settings. The results looked different but had no effects on the wobbly edges.
I have printed testcubes with a big speedrange (some with 50mm/s, some with 130mm/s), no effects.
My Slicersettings are pretty much default since the prints are looking good at 0.1mm.
No coasting or other settings.

Just to be clear: I get perfect prints until I raise the layer height to 0.2mm. Other settings are identical.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.