Recommend replacement controller for Kobra 2 Max?

Can anyone recommend a replacement controller board for an Anycubic Kobra 2 Max? I gather the board they come with runs a modified version of Klipper but does not offer all the nice features of a standard Klipper install. I do not want to use any cloud services to use my 3d printers and do not want to rely on phone apps to monitor the printer.
Out of the box the Kobra 2 Max has no web interface to allow uploading and monitoring of the printer which seems unbelievable in 2024.
From what I’ve read the standard board these printers come with will not support Klipper out of the box and I don’t want to rely on ‘hacks’, it seems the way forward is just to replace the controller board with something that will easily support the printer hardware.
I’ve upgraded a couple of my older printers to run on Duet2/3 boards and they work well, but perhaps this is an opportunity to look at what Klipper has to offer.
Thanks.

1 Like

There are no great options since it is not a standard Klipper board inside and integration will have some friction,
my setup: after getting root and downgrading firmware Storage directory of Gcode files Kobra 2 Max / Pro - #6 by ultimatelifeform
Anycubic has promised to integrate LAN printing on the high end Kobra 2 series, so if you have a lot of patience you won’t have to.

Thanks for reply.
I’m just going to rip out the control board and replace it with a Duet3 board, at least I will have a nice web interface and full control of the printer without any ‘cloud’ services required, I had forgotten how inconvenient having to transfer files with a usb flash drive was.
Anycubic are just a poor company when it comes to any form of support, I have emailed them with a couple of issues I had in the last couple of months and never got a reply.

The only one so far as I can know is @CodexNovus

You can see his replies on the Kobra 2 config thread.