Rotational distance changes not working

I am attempting to calibrate the XYZ steps on my CR10S Pro V2.
I have checked the movement with a dial indicator and altered the rotational distance values in the printer cfg file using the Fluidd web interface.
I then saved the changes and restarted and checked the new values and they have been saved but when I recheck the movement with the dial indicator, the figures for all 3 axis are exactly the same as before.
Original values were X=40 Y=40 Z=8 which were altered to X=40.54 Y=39.87 Z=8.08
Did I alter the wrong values ???
Any advice would be great, thanks.

Is there maybe something doubled in your config?
Please at least post your printer.cfg or the fully klippy.log.

Edit: maybe you can change the rotation distance of Y to a very small value and restart the system and then you should see it when manually moving the respective axis.

Welcome to Klipper Discourse.

Another fairly fundamental question is why are you attempting to change the rotation_distance value? If you are following some online guide that recommends that you do this, I would highly recommend that you stop using it as it is asking you to do the wrong thing.

The rotation_distance of your printer (which happens to be the same as one of my printers) is determined by its mechanical components. Specifically, you are using a timing belt with 2mm pitch on a pulley with 20 teeth. This means that rotation_distance = 40.0 and you should never use a different value.

If you are getting slightly different dimensions than you expect, then you are reading local periodic errors associated with manufacturing tolerances of the belt and pulley, additionally affected by material shrinkage and perhaps less than optimal extrusion multiplier. This is especially true if you are using a small printed object to perform this dimensional check.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.