Rpi zero w usb connection

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3 V3
MCU / Printerboard: stock
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

…Trying to use a zero w as replacement for a pi 3B+. Used kiauh to install klipper, moonraker and mainsail. Everything seems to work with old klipper.bin and printer.cfg until time to connect. Kiauh indicates mcu is on /dev/ttyAMA0. Putting that into printer.cfg causes klipper to simply spin. klippy.log last few lines indicate it is waiting for a connection

"mcu ‘mcu’: Starting serial connect
webhooks client 3038670272: New connection
webhooks client 3038670272: Client info {‘program’: ‘Moonraker’, ‘version’: ‘v0.8.0-318-g9813011’}

“jroe@picam:~ $ ls -l /dev/serial*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Mar 1 10:17 /dev/serial1 → ttyAMA0”

It appears zero w doesn’t implement usb hotplug the same as 3 B+. Does anyone have a fix, maybe in the zero w?
klippy.log (12.3 KB)

Fixed my own problem! Turns out I could disable OTG mode in zero w, sorry to waste your time but maybe this might help some other misguided soul.

1 Like

Maybe you could explain what you did? I’m curious to understand your solution.

1 Like

sudo nano /boot/config.txt

add to bottom

dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host

save and reboot.

should fix it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.