"Timer too close" errors making printing impossible

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3 v2
MCU / Printerboard: Creality 4.2.7 board (STM32F103RET6), Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W
klippy.log: klippy.log (1.0 MB)

Describe your issue:

I’ve been getting “Timer too close” errors often, but irregularly; sometimes it comes up on homing the first time I power on the printer, sometimes it may get partway through the print before erroring. I’m aware that it may be due to the load on the Pi, however I’m having trouble interpreting the log to figure out the exact cause.

Installed items (using KIAUH):
| | Installed: | Latest: | | Klipper & API: |---------------|--------------| | 1) [Klipper] | v0.11.0-271 | v0.11.0-271 | | 2) [Moonraker] | v0.8.0-138 | v0.8.0-138 | | | | | | Klipper Webinterface: |---------------|--------------| | 3) [Mainsail] | v2.7.1 | v2.7.1 | | 4) [Fluidd] | | v1.25.2 | | | | | | Touchscreen GUI: |---------------|--------------| | 5) [KlipperScreen] | v0.3.5-2 | v0.3.5-2 | | | | | | Other: |---------------|--------------| | 6) [PrettyGCode] | | | | 7) [Telegram Bot] | | | | 8) [Obico for Klipper]| | | | 9) [OctoEverywhere] | | | | 10) [Mobileraker] | v0.4.0-21 | v0.4.0-21 | | 11) [Crowsnest] | v4.0.3 | v4.0.3 | | |------------------------------| | 12) [System] | System up to date! |

Apart from those items, it has a couple of nice-to-haves (VS Code Remote Server, small Python script for system power control using GPIO), as well as host-as-MCU to access GPIO controls, but that’s all, in terms of tasks. The Crowsnest daemon is running a single Pi camera, and the KlipperScreen is there to run on a VoCore USB display. The only other configuration change that comes to mind is setting the service for Crowsnest to have a nice value of 3, in order to deprioritise it compared to Klipper; and a manual upgrade of udev in regards to the /dev/serial/by-id symlink bug.
EDIT: Forgot one: another Python script to handle a DHT temperature sensor for the enclosure, being based upon that in Github issue 3886, however with the sections relating to fan control removed; it only logs the detected values into Moonraker. The script in use is attached, to remove doubt (.txt extension added) in the following zip file, named dht_temperature.py.txt, while the other script included, named dht_proxy.py.txt, is not directly connected to Klipper and co, but which populates the files which Moonraker reads.
dht_scripts.zip (2.0 KB)

If anything, I suspect the Mobileraker daemon, as that was only added very recently, though I’d like to be able to use that going forward.

Hello,

since when do you encounter this issue? I am also getting this error and wrote a post today (Timer too Close on Voron 2.4). Have you updated Klipper recently?

See this answer: Timer too Close on Voron 2.4 - #4 by Sineos

It’s only been in the last few days that I’ve noticed the errors being so severe, however the printer had been idle and not updated for a few months prior to that while other projects took priority, so I can’t necessarily point to any specific timeframe.