Tronxy x5sa-2e V10 F446 board not staying connected

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Tronxy x5sa-2e
MCU / Printerboard: STM32F446
klippy (10).log (376.2 KB)

Describe your issue:

Hi All,

I’m having trouble getting my Tronxy to work. Using an RPi 4 running Mainsail OS. It connects for a few seconds then loses the connection to the MCU. I had the same issues with an RPi 3, so I changed it up and it was to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Attached is my log.

Hello @KazWahs !

Have you already tried different USB cables?
I mean the good ones: Thick, short, with ferrite beads.

Hi @EddyMI3D,

I have tried multiple cables. Don’t have one with ferrite beads though.

Tried one with the ferrite beads and still had the same issue.

How long are those USB cables?
Maybe the connector on the Tronxy board has some loose contact.

The one with the ferrite was longer than I would have liked. I’m actually getting to the point where I’m considering replacing the board. This is my second printer to run Klipper on, the first was flawless, tried the same cable it used as well, same results. Honestly, I’m getting close to replacing the board.

Don’t give up! You might replace the USB-B connector on your board. That is relatively easy to replace, if you have the tools. Get a connector which has golden contacts.

@hcet14 I like that idea, ordered some ports. If that solves my issue I’ll post an update.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem. I can not get any Raspeberry PI’s at a decent price so I picked up a Creality Sonic Pad, works great for one of my printers… go to hook it up to the X5SA-2E once I figured out all the flashing for the firmware and can’t get a connection with klipper… tried every config, tried different cables… thought maybe sonic pad, so I configured ubuntu with klipper, same problem. the usb interface is no good it appears. so options are solder a new usb port on, or replace board with a BTT in prep for a vzbot build. Interested to find out if you replaced the usb port and it fixed the problem.