Unable read tmc uart 'stepper_z' register IFCNT

Good afternoon! I encountered this error. It appeared after the end of printing. Absolutely all 5 stepper motor drivers do not work. I replaced the board and drivers, as well as the power supply, because they were available. I printed another file and exactly at the end of printing this error occurred again. A different board, a different configuration, and everything also gives this error. I don’t understand why it happens and how to fix it. I found many similar topics with such a problem, but I did not find a solution to it. In step/dir mode, the drivers are working, from which I conclude that the problem is in the klipper code. Has anyone managed to fix this error? Thank you in advance!

work printer.cfg (9.0 KB)

Please stick to the template (and don’t delete it) and post the klippy.log

It would help to tell us what board you use (was also asked in the template)

Have you set up the board for driver UART mode?

[tmc2208 stepper_z]    # <- is this by intension a tmc2208?
uart_pin: PE0
run_current: 1.000
hold_current: 0.800
interpolate: True
stealthchop_threshold: 120
#diag_pin:

Board - BigTreeTech SKR2. Drivers - tmc2209. There is nothing criminal in the log file. There’s a regular printing cycle. When I put it to print again, that’s when this error crashes. I’ll attach the log a little later (I’m going to buy new drivers). Drivers in uart mode. On one of the axes 2208, then 2209 everywhere.

Please tell me, does the abbreviation “IFCNT” stand for?

“Interface transmission counter” - it is updated every time serial data is received. Klipper reads it back to confirm that it is successfully communicating with the TMC2208.

When posting a question, ALWAYS follow the template and include all requested data including the klippy.log.

3 Likes

We managed to sort out the problem. On the skr2 board, when connecting the rgb address tape, there is a strong drawdown along the 5 volt line, which causes a lack of power for the driver logic. When you turn off the rgb tape, everything returns to normal. Thank you very much for your advice!

1 Like