Unable to get printer to connect to klipper

Basic Information:

Printer Model: ender 3
MCU / Printerboard:skr mini e3 v3
Host / SBC: ubuntu desktop
klippy.log
klippy.log (35.6 KB)

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

…unable to connect to klippy after canceling printand am also unable to upload the klippy.log file, gives an error of flie not available on site

How did you install Klipper to Ubuntu?

Search on the HDD, SSD, partitions or whatever you have on your ubuntu desktop. There must be a klippy.log and that is mandatory to give you any hint/help.

installed klipper using kiauh

i found the klippy.log
klippy.log (35.6 KB)

Is the printer properly connected to the desktop?
Are you using a virtual environment?

yes its properly connected and its a dedicated machine so no virtual env.

How did you determine

[mcu]
serial = /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Klipper_stm32g0b0xx_500046001450415833323520-if00

The klippy.log is basically very clear (Split into two lines for better readability):

mcu 'mcu': Unable to open serial port: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Klipper_stm32g0b0xx_500046001450415833323520-if00: 
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Klipper_stm32g0b0xx_500046001450415833323520-if00'

No such file or directory means exactly this: This path does not exists and so Klipper cannot connect to it.

Follow the setup procedure, e.g. Installing Klipper with KIAUH and determine the correct path. If nothing turns up, then probably the board is not correctly flashed. Issues flashing the printer board gives some more hints in such a case.

What do you mean how did I determine?? Determine what??

I have already tried to reinstall klipper and reflashed the mainboard

I got the MCU path from kiauh if that’s what you mean

any idea on how to fix that?

Post the output of

ls /dev/serial/by-id/*

This must macht with your

[mcu]
serial: ...

statement. Klipper’s error message clearly shows that it doesn’t match.

If not follow the two links I posted above, in particular the second one if you have a running setup already.

/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Klipper_stm32g0b0xx_500046001450415833323520-if00

it does match as far as i can tell

Well, this seems quite strange and you should carefully review the situation.
The Klipper error message is not generated by Klipper itself but by the underlying Linux OS and tells you that the given path in:

[mcu]
serial = /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Klipper_stm32g0b0xx_500046001450415833323520-if00

cannot be accessed because it simply does not exist.

If now the command ls /dev/serial/by-id/* (also a Linux OS command) returns exactly the very same path but the SAME error message in your log persists, then we have a contradiction.
I have not seen a single case where this would have been true.

the ls /dev/serial/by-id/* output was the same as the [mcu] serial = /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Klipper_stm32g0b0xx_500046001450415833323520-if00

idk what the issue was with it. I just ended up installing debian and reinstalled klipper and reflashed the printer

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.